A WHOLE NEW WORLD
"From one man He made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and He determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live."
Acts 17:26

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Brown Thumb.

I have always aspired to be one of those people that has the capability to keep things alive. Plant life I mean. I long for a little garden of peppers, tomatoes, herbs, etc. all hand-grown with a field of beautifully planted flowers around them.

This weekend's confirmed my assessment that after 24 years of life I still do not possess that talent, and will have to work really hard (recruit friends and family) to make my garden dream come true.

The "Self-Help" store on base got a shipment in this past weekend, with tons of flowers and plants. They have these for military members and family to come get what they want for free! So I took on the challenge...

We got a small batch, knowing this experiment might take a turn for the worse.


The finished product, and now 4 days later...


This tragic scene unfolded after day 1 1/2 I believe. Brandon keeps trying to save them by watering them. I think we can safely say it is a lost cause.

1 comment:

  1. When my mom and I plant things we always leave at least 5 inches between each for growth. If you don't leave space they take water and nutrients from each other and they die. They are most "vulnerable" at the beginning. Try that next time...

    ReplyDelete