A WHOLE NEW WORLD
"From one man He made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and He determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live."
Acts 17:26

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

1st day of subbing.

It actually wasn't bad and I got one great deal out of it...

an hour and a 1/2 being the lunch/recess monitor for 1/2 days pay, 2 days in a row!

Recess was all inside today since there has been a downpour of rain all day. So the yelling was magnified against the gym walls. :)

I started with the kindergartners whom I watched Toy Story with for the first 30 minutes. Piece of cake. A little "no talking" here and "please sit down" there, and their recess time was up! They were the most behaved out of all the grades.

I sent the kids to lunch and went out to watch the 1st graders for their 30 minute recess and then the 2nd/3rd graders for theirs. They were soo rowdy. They had a little more attitude as well, then the kinders. I got a whole lot of "ummm, who are you?" Nothing I couldn't handle, but I had to use my mean voice. If I so in fact have a mean voice. The other teachers must have looked at me like I was going to get eaten. The students tried to take advantage, but I was stern. :)

I do it all again tomorrow. Woo!! As well, I am actually subbing on Thursday for a class of 5th graders. That should be a little bit more calm.

1 comment:

  1. That is so funny! I want to hear your mean voice when I come to visit! I'm glad your getting experience subbing and at lots of diffferent grade levels! I think you'll like the classroom, but a lot depends on if the teacher leaves good plans and plenty to keep them busy! Have fun in fifth grade!
    I may want you to get info from any third grade teacher to see if they would like pen pals for next year! My students would love that!

    ReplyDelete