A WHOLE NEW WORLD
"From one man He made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and He determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live."
Acts 17:26

Friday, March 11, 2011

Making Our House a Home.

I am consumed with thoughts of how to decorate our little home. I always kid around and say, that our house will be completely decorated and beautiful, when it is time for us to leave. I think most of my "free time" in the mornings is looking through decorating blogs trying to find some inspiration.

I am stumped for creative ideas and a huge lack of supply accessibility and maybe motivation too. They don't even sell styrofoam here. Anyway, I try, and am sometimes successful with my projects.

During Christmas time, when we decided to host a Christmas brunch, I had to throw together some form of cuteness and I got this. Glittered/spray painted sticks, scrapbook paper Christmas trees, and paper plate angels compliments of Martha Stewart.


However, those decorations couldn't stay up all year, so I am still trying to work out a beautiful centerpiece for our temporary table. This would be doable* if they believed in selling mirrors here. 

*I found another example that was much nicer looking, but this just gives you an idea of what I am talking about.


My next project on the to-do list is this grand idea: hanging empty frames. Whenever I tell people I am going to do this they look at me as if I am crazy, a decor genius! All the frames I have acquired are finally in, and today I get to go grab my spray paint and get carried away. I will make sure to show you pictures, if it turns out good!

No comments:

Post a Comment