A WHOLE NEW WORLD
"From one man He made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and He determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live."
Acts 17:26

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Race Day!

Woo!!! I am glad to have this behind me. I am super glad I accomplished this, and it was bundles of fun training and the morning before the running started. I was able to meet my goal, which was actually my only goal, to stay running the whole time. I clocked in at 2 hours and 10 minutes for my 13.1 miles.

The hills were endless, the cars coming from the blind curves were life-threatening, the beaten worn out pavement stayed constant, and the 11:00am bystanders at the local bars were out and apparent. Oh, and lets not forgot to mention the ever so slight sideways mist that stayed with us the whole way through.

All joking aside, it was painful. My body took a hard beating. The pain came in at about 1 and 1/2 miles and subsided oh maybe tomorrow. Sunday, I felt a bit like a potato plopped on the couch unable to move all evening. Today, there is still a lot, a little bit of stiffness, but were hoping tomorrow for a better day!

It really was a wonderful experience, one that I plan to do again. My personal photographer was so supportive with me and my friends nervous chatter, 24 bathroom trips, and "hold this and that" or "GATORADE!" on the fly. He was following the whole group of us (48 in total) with the other husbands and family members, stopping every so miles to capture pictures and hand or hold off things.














No comments:

Post a Comment