A WHOLE NEW WORLD
"From one man He made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and He determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live."
Acts 17:26

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Job

I blogged a little bit ago about my attempts at finding a part-time job, which you can find here. This week everything has been moving along and falling into place. I wanted to update everyone on the status.

I received an email at the beginning of the week from a Major in the Contracting Squadron. He wanted to know if I was still interested in a secretarial position I applied for weeks ago.
*Since there is so many people rotating through all the time, the normal process is to fill out an app. online which they basically keep in file for 90 days and call you if it so happens they need someone. If those 90 days go by without any response, you fill the app. out again!* So good news, I got a response! I went and spoke with him on Monday afternoon. Nothing out of the ordinary, simple conversation, not really an interview. It would be a full time position. He told me he would get back to me by the end of this week, hopefully. To say the least, I am grateful for the possible opportunity but less than thrilled about the position. I did a little bit of secretarial work while I was at Messina Hof, and found that it was not for me! We will see if I am offered the position when he gets back with me, but as of right now, it is looking like I don't feel that is where I need to be.

My background check is still processing with the school, and will be complete by next week. The secretary informed my I could "start" April 26th. She said they need subs daily, so we will see how often I get called and go in. I am going in next week to observe in the classrooms. This is not a mandatory requirement, but I feel it mandatory for myself so the kids don't eat me!!

Lastly, my interview with the bank is today at 1pm! I am really hoping for this one. This one would be part-time, so I would still be able to sub at the school.

In Brandon news, he finally got a hold of the Scout Master, and is the new Assistant Scout Master! They meet Monday evenings, there are about 12 boys as of now, and thats about all we know so far. He will have his first camp-out at the end of the month on the other side of the island. I plan to bake cookies!!

I have been slacking in the picture department, we will try to take more to share with everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment