A WHOLE NEW WORLD
"From one man He made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and He determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live."
Acts 17:26

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

What you really want... pictures.

This past weekend, we had a beautiful Saturday. Those have been rarities around these parts, so we took full advantage, and tried to get ourselves out of the house as much as possible.

We started the day off with experiencing the monthly base flea market. What we found, was that really it was a huge garage sale that the Americans sell their baby items to the Portuguese. Big deal, apparently, there was a line to get in.


Before lunch, we also took Mas on his walk. We made it a long one since it was so nice out. He was pooped. While I made lunch, Brandon decided to take care of our little yard, since we are forced to. :)


Exhilarating. I know.

After, we drove to the other side of the island (which only takes 15 minutes) to Angra, the capital city, and went to Modelos. It is the Walmart/HEB of the island, but definitely not as big. They have everything from TVs and whole fish to spray paint and sweaters, but no full size mirrors. I wanted to take more pictures, but to avoid looking like a hug American tourist, I resisted.
Before returning home, we stopped in Praia to meet up with some friends for an afternoon meit de laite (latte). By the time, we got home, it was time to get ready for dinner with some friends that arrived the same day as us on the island and whom are also in our Portuguese class with us. We went to a place called Rooshas. I am not sure if that is spelled correctly, and I also do not know what it translates into. They served Portuguese food, obviously, which Brandon and I have found to be just okay. The fun part was they served their dishes in the clay tiles that they lay roofs with. We felt very Portuguese, we enjoyed dinner and conversation for 3 hours.


Of course, I cannot forget our son. This is what his weekend consisted of. Lots of sun bathing.


and there you have it. Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! so glad you guys have your car & can venture out a little bit more now! let us know what happens w/ the job ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun jacks. Looks like good times!! U are so active.. Let me give u a tidbit of what my blog would entail. ' today I took a shower( exhilirating I know) I too worked on yard yet unlike Brandon I did not mow over the weeds but instead hand pulled them:-). I changed some diapers, played in the mud with Isaac ( which looked like diapers I have changed) and ate some cereal. It was awesome' hahaha. I love and miss u and brandons and KINDA mason... Also can't wait for Doug to be part of the family he is soo cute!! Love the name. Ok gotta get back to making homemade French bread- defintely a joke- not only HAppy TUesday but HAPPY 4.20. :-) love the sister of which u are so proud to have- jess

    ReplyDelete