A WHOLE NEW WORLD
"From one man He made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and He determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live."
Acts 17:26

Monday, April 5, 2010

Daily Routines

Our life here on the island has slowly been progressing into a normal routine. I feel with the military you can never be into too normal of a routine, because things are always popping up and changing. However, you do the best you can, to avoid going crazy...

That be said here is what we have been up to:

B: Has been going to work Monday-Friday from 7:30a - 4:30p, like most others do. On Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays the whole base has mandatory PT (physical training) time. It actually starts at 7:00a, and lasts about an hour or so, those days he does not have to be in the office till 9:30a. He is looking into helping/assisting/volunteering, whatever you want to call it, with the Boy Scouts here on base. Option #2 is to help/assist/volunteer his time as a golf coach for his Communications Squadron. His office is awaiting their CDCs (training books) to come in to be able to certify him. In till then, he is unable to do certain things so he can completely focus on only the CDCs when they come in. Completing school is on the back burner until that time comes. Yet time is not being wasted, in the meantime, B is able to take CLEP test every week which test him out of specific college credits. He can easily get his associates degree completing these tests, which will roll right into a Bachelors degree. As well, he plans to apply to be part of the Honor Guard on base, again, only after those CDCs are complete.

me: While B is hard at work, I fill my time with cooking, cleaning, working out and playing with Mas. :) I have applied for a couple of federal jobs which I have heard no response. Apparently, I have heard there are only 74 jobs on base designated for spouses, and they are quite difficult to come by. I most recently applied to the Pentagon Federal Credit Union here on base, which I am praying has a positive outcome. My chances are looking good, I think, and I will hear from the manager to set up an interview before April 16th. Along with that, I submitted my 60 page application, YES 60 pages!!! to be a substitute teacher at the school on base. The application will take about a month to process, and then I will be set to go. Yup, I never would have thought, me = teacher, but hey life changes and you have to go with it. Once I do obtain a job, I have been looking in to going back to school online to get my MBA. Still completely haven't convinced myself that that is what I should be doing. :) In other news, I have been going to the church's women's bible study on Monday nights, along with zumba on Tuesday nights. Google it, I had to. As well, I am a key spouse for the Communications Squadron. I just got started with that so we will see what that entails.

Other than that, we take our daily Mason walks, grocery shopping Friday, and have been attending the base church every Sunday. Our Portuguese lessons started today, and will be from 11-12 every day for a month. All of our weekends, have been spent mainly inside due to lack of a car and non-stop sideways rain. However, on the sun-shiny days we have ventured out. We love drinking coffee here! Actually thats not an excuse we love to drink it in the US too.

And that is what we have been doing. We really have been enjoying our time here. Our car comes in this Thursday, so everyone get excited for that!!

Since this was a rather boring post I will leave y'all with Mas scratching his bum on a tree on one of his walks...


2 comments:

  1. Hey guys! I am so impressed with your involvement in base life! Zumba sounds like great fun... I would do it with you if I was there!! Brit and I actually want to try that soon! Also the Port. lessons will come in handy I"m sure! I am so glad Brandon can begin classes online soon! Wow ... substitute teaching would be fun, esp. elementary!! I will keep my fingers crossed for your job search! You are so busy.. but I think I would have to be also! I think its great that you want to go for your MBA! Go Jacki!!
    I am hoping that this finds you with a car, since its Thursday! Can't wait to talk to you guys again!
    Miss you and love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That video is pretty funny... Does he do that a lot? Yeah Jacki i am thinking about teaching too! We can experience it together!! Sounds like you are having fun I'm still hoping to visit!!

    ReplyDelete