A WHOLE NEW WORLD
"From one man He made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and He determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live."
Acts 17:26

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Gobble. Gobble.

Whew! Just finished a 10k this morning. My first one ever. One of the squadrons put together a "Turkey Trot" for this morning to put everyone in the turkey spirit. We had the choice to run a 5k (3.1 miles) or a 10k (6.2 miles). There are rarely opportunities here to run "marathons/races" so I choose the 10k to prove to myself I could do it, and I did, in 49 minutes and 10 seconds. That is a long time to be running, my body kind of aches right now. B is on call this week so he couldn't run with me, he had to be in to work very early today.

Now on to start the cooking after work today!! Wondering what is on our Thanksgiving menu?

for appetizers...
spinach dip
meatballs

the main course...
2 turkeys
mashed potatoes
green bean casserole (with no cream of whatever being used!)
broccoli slaw
waldorf salad
creamed corn
mac n' cheese
carrot rice
sweet potato
stuffing
cranberry sauce
buttered rolls & Portuguese bread

for dessert...
homemade pumpkin pie
homemade chocolate pecan pie
my fabulous chocolate peanut butter cookies

If anything turns out super duper, out of this world delicious, I will be sure to share the recipe!
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. Ooo, I am excited for tomorrow, particulary the chocolate peanut butter cookies! They are divine.

    ReplyDelete