A WHOLE NEW WORLD
"From one man He made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and He determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live."
Acts 17:26

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

What to do with a day off?

Thankfully, days off are not far to come by around here. It seems the base shuts down at random points of the week due to countless Portuguese holidays, family days, goal days... you name it. Yesterday was off in remembrance of President's day.

All week last week I kept thinking how odd that I had nothing scheduled, no commitments on Monday. Then it would click, we got a 3 day weekend. Mas and I love having B home, it sometimes seems that we, along with the rest of the community, don't know what to do with ourselves when we get "extra" free time. Yesterday my time was consumed by running, cleaning, making hummus, and online window shopping, B spent almost the entire day studying for his section 2 CDC test be taken today. Exhilarating stuff I know.

As I took in my surroundings of the day I noticed many cars being washed, tire pressures being checked, many new faces at the gym, facebook posts of morning wake-ups at noon followed by a nap shortly after. There are only so many hydrangeas, cows and other sides of the ocean you can see here, so people must think up things to pass the day along besides twiddling their thumbs. :)

Not complaining here, bring on more days off, just observing that people, myself included, seem at a loss when given those extra 24 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment