A WHOLE NEW WORLD
"From one man He made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and He determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live."
Acts 17:26

Monday, February 28, 2011

Jan./Feb. Books

One of my goals for 2011 was to finish reading 18 books within the year. To accomplish this goal, a mere 3 books must be read every 2 months to stay up to speed. So this is what I have been reading.

8142508-her-daughter-s-dream.jpg

Francine Rivers might be my favorite author. After reading book after book by her, I have yet to find one that has let me down. Her Daughter's Dream is the squeal to Her Mother's Hope. I love the Christian moral values and lessons in all of Rivers books that she intertwines within the story rather than smashing it down your throat. Being not the biggest reader, another one of her books, Redeeming Love, is the only novel I have willing picked up twice to read, that has got to say something.

{6D973D07-D754-4E68-9CF8-2BF27D41BFA8}Img100.jpg

I bought this book years ago with a friend who took me to Barnes and Nobles to learn how to pick out books and I never did actually get around to reading it. I walked away that day with this and another book written by the author of Sex and the City. Lets just hope I have advanced from those days. :) Most everyone knows how Nicholas Sparks novels go, this one went down that same path. It was interesting at points, but lets just say I defiantly tried to hide the cover of this book from those around me in the airport in January, so know one would look at me and judge.


Inside-of-a-Dog-cover.jpg

I chose this book because I try very hard not to read all fictional books. I feel if I am going to read, half of what I read should be someone insightful and accredited. However, this was not a page turner, it took most of February for me to get through it. I was hoping to gain insight from this book to why dogs, Mason in particular, do the things they do. The research behind the facts was never concrete and it was more of suggested reasoning from the author's point-of-view of why dogs do the things they do. 

I have been browsing past my book shelf on what I should pick up next. I am in the middle of Crazy Love by Francis Chan already, and a friend is starting up her book club this Saturday, so my book shelf might just have to wait a bit.

2 comments:

  1. bahahaha---i cant believe i took you to b&n & we picked out nicholas sparks & sex in the city. what a good literary friend i am :)

    looooove Francine Rivers though--you've got to read her 3-book mark of the lion series-so good.

    aaaand I'm in the middle of crazy love too! you'll have to let me know how you like it.

    oh & on a side note...we decided to live on base :) puppy here we come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thank you lady! I was just perusing this most recent entry only to be surprised by the link to my site! Yay for connecting blogs.

    ReplyDelete