A WHOLE NEW WORLD
"From one man He made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and He determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live."
Acts 17:26

Monday, February 14, 2011

1/2 marathon training

The 11 week countdown begins today to my first ever half marathon (13.1 miles). Since being on the island, I have run several 5ks that the base puts on, and during Thanksgiving I ran the Turkey Trot 10k. I ran the whole way but it definitely kicked my bootie.

On May 1st the island actually hosts a half marathon race, starting in one of the small villages and goes through 11 other villages along the coastline. It should be a beautiful run.

One of the spouses put together a training group starting today. What that entails who knows? It will probably turn out to be half training on my own, half training with the group due to conflicting schedules. Either way we are getting t-shirts and May 1st should be an exciting, eventful day that I am looking forward to.

Oh yes, Happy Valentines Day!!

1 comment:

  1. so fun! you are putting me to shame in this area--- good luck!

    ReplyDelete