A WHOLE NEW WORLD
"From one man He made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and He determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live."
Acts 17:26

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Tutoring 101

I have embarked on a new journey this month. My dear friend had to leave the island for the month of April, so to help her out I agreed to take over her tutoring she does 12 hours a week. I know, I know... the things I get myself in to. We are on week 2 and it actually has been an enjoyable experience. We will see by the end of week 5 if all my hair is still in tact and if I am still saying that.

This week we have been feverishly working on a research paper on Ancient Rome/Latin. Whew! Outlines, thesis's, proper grammar and punctuation (I don't even think thesis is in the proper plural form). My thinking cap has been on these past 2 weeks. Its crazy how easily you forget simple things. Tell me, how quickly can you figure out which number does not belong:

25%         2/8        7/25           25/100

If you got it in less than a minute, I don't want to hear about it. :) Hey, anyone remember when I was trying to major in Math. Anyway...

All I hope is that I am actually helping this little girl learn and that she continues to grow academically in this month that her actual tutor is gone. The shining lights of Paris are at the end of this tunnel. We will be leaving the day after my friend returns. How convenient did that work out?

No comments:

Post a Comment