A WHOLE NEW WORLD
"From one man He made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and He determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live."
Acts 17:26

Monday, April 18, 2011

2 Weeks To Go.

May 1st will be here before we know it. The big race day! The group of us training for the 1/2 marathon are burnt out but pushing through. We have back, knee, foot and any other part of the body pain that has slowly been developing as the day draws nearer.

For me personally, my left knee and right ankle have been feeling severe stress every time I run. A day or two later I am back to normal, but for a week or so I have not been able to shake this every time I go running. It could be because of all the rough terrain running: uneven surfaces, cobblestone, dodging cow poop that has been giving such a painful impact or possibly the gaging hole in my super worn out tennis shoes. See Exhibit A below.


I finally gave into the pain and said no more and ordered new running shoes that should arrive promptly in 2-4 weeks. Even if by some off chance they do arrive before May 1st, I am not sure if that will allot enough time to break them in a prepare them for a 13.1 trot. Either way with shoes tied, ipods in sync, and water bottles in hand we will be running ready or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment