A WHOLE NEW WORLD
"From one man He made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and He determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live."
Acts 17:26

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Bullets

If you have any first hand connection to the Air Force you mostly likely have heard of these so called bullets, or possibly have heard your spouse complain about writing bullets. If not, bullets are one line statements which summarize an accomplishment, achievement or tasks completed. They are written for performance reviews or award packages. General layout:

  • what you did, time spent, who/what it effected
You get the idea. Doesn't it seem to taxing, but when you are required to write 30 plus, you may be ready to throw in the towel.

B has to write these all the time. A weekly report is due every week consisting of these, as well as past awards he has been put up for. This month, his performance review is due tomorrow, along with his package to be put in for 'Below the Zone'. This package is being put in so he can get promoted 6 months before the scheduled time. :) Luckily, once one bullet is written it can be reused, and reused on every single packet.

For me, I got my small fill of bullet writing when I was told I was getting nominated for Spouse of the Year. Now, I am not trying to toot my own horn here. The only reason I am mentioning this, is that if I win here at Lajes. We (thats a hopeful we, it could be just an I) get sent to Virginia to the Air Force spouse award ceremony. Yippee!!! That is a whole ocean closer to everyone on the Air Force's dime!!! That deserves another Yippee!!

Anyhow, we are getting ahead of ourselves here, but I wanted to fill you so you could possibly start freeing those calenders up in the Juneish time frame.

We are so thankful, and know these blessings have come from God. If you have a spare moment, remember to keep us in your prayers with these 2 big packages going through.

2 comments:

  1. prayin' & excited for both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What an honor to get nominated for Spouse of the Year! I hope you win!!! You definitely deserve it!!
    Brandon deserves to get promoted also! So proud of you Brandon and Jacki!:)

    ReplyDelete